“Quality service through our commitment to staff and clients”
Office Assistant – La Crosse, WI
Johnson Block and Company has an exciting career opportunity available in our La Crosse, Wisconsin office. We are seeking experienced team members who pride themselves on quality work. We work hard in service to the company and our clients while allowing ourselves to live balanced, well-rounded lives.
You’re reliable, on-the-ball, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and high attention to detail. In this role you will use your talents to make an excellent first impression on prospective clients and visitors. You’ll answer and direct phone calls with professionalism, take messages as needed, assist in keeping the office in perfect working order and make a difference in the lives of many.
Hours: This position is scheduled to work Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm throughout the busy season (mid-January through the end of April), and roughly 16 hours/week through the remainder of the year (Monday-Thursday 9am-1pm).
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Answer the phone in a professional manner, directing calls to the person requested by caller or that person’s designee
- Greet all visitors in a cordial and professional manner
- Maintain a comfortable, organized lobby area for visitors
- Receive and distribute incoming mail and faxes to the appropriate employee
- Assist in compiling, reviewing and mailing of tax and audit reports
- Preparation and mailing of tax return bills
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and prepare orders
- Provide general administrative support to Partners and other staff
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education / Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent degree
- 6+ months related experience
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and attention to detail skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline driven environment.
- Commitment to quality and the timely completion of work.
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office and research tools.
Johnson Block and Company offers a flexible and balanced work environment with competitive compensation.
How to Apply: Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com