Audit Supervisor Manager
“Quality service through our commitment to staff and clients”
Audit Supervisor Manager
Supporting clients in Wisconsin
Recent growth at Johnson Block and Company has created career opportunities with advancement potential. We are seeking experienced team members who pride themselves on quality work. You will work closely with managers and partners to help support our clients, and identify and seize new business opportunities. This is an outstanding opportunity to develop professionally through exposure to all facets of planning, compliance, research, and consulting of our diverse and growing practice. We work hard in service to the company and our clients while allowing ourselves to live balanced, well-rounded lives. Why not join a CPA firm where you can enjoy a long career in public accounting?
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Participate in audit planning, budgeting, and staff supervision.
- Perform audit, review and compilation testing.
- Review work papers completed by other audit staff.
- Communicate with clients to gather information, resolve audit-related problems, and make recommendations.
- Prepare and review financial statements.
- Work with the audit team to identify and resolve client issues.
- Research technical issues.
- Respond to client requests in a timely, accurate, and professional manner.
- Prepare and review client correspondence.
- Manage client expectations and ensure satisfaction.
- Participate in staff development (supervise, train, coach, performance appraisal process).
- Assist in administrative areas including business development, billing, and continuing professional education.
- Travel is required. You will be supporting audit clients in our Madison, Mineral Point, and Viroqua locations.
Education / Experience:
- Current CPA Certification
- 5+ years of public accounting audit experience in the responsibilities shown above.
- Governmental auditing, including county, experience is a plus.
- In-charge experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated management, analytical, interpersonal, and project management skills.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and attention to detail skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline driven environment.
- Commitment to quality and the timely completion of work.
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office and various accounting software including CCH products, Creative Solutions products, and research tools.
- Valid driver’s license.
Johnson Block and Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Flexible work scheduling, including 32 hour work weeks during the off season
- Health, Dental, Life, Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Plan
- 401(k) Plan
- Continuing Professional Education
- Bonus upon passing CPA exam
- Client referral commissions
- Paid holiday, vacation, sick and volunteer time
- Paid professional organization and service club dues
- Business casual attire
How to Apply: Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org