“Quality service through our commitment to staff and clients”
Bookkeeper – La Crosse, WI
Johnson Block and Company has an exciting career opportunity available in our La Crosse, Wisconsin office. We are seeking experienced team members who pride themselves on quality work. We work hard in service to the company and our clients while allowing ourselves to live balanced, well-rounded lives.
You’re reliable, on-the-ball, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and high attention to detail. You’ll help our clients with processing payroll, managing accounts receivables and payables, reconciliations and financial statements.
Hours: This position is scheduled to work Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Manages client accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Processes client payroll and files quarterly payroll tax reports
- Calculates and files sales tax
- Records journal transactions
- Prepares monthly reporting and financial statements
- Reconciles bank accounts for accuracy
- Handles and responds to all federal and state notices received by clients
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education / Experience:
- Two year accounting degree with two years’ of experience, or five years’ experience
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Self-motivated, excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and attention to detail skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline driven environment.
- Commitment to quality and the timely completion of work.
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office and research tools.
Johnson Block and Company offers a flexible and balanced work environment with competitive compensation.
How to Apply: Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org