Child Sales Tax Rebate

 In Tax Tips

Starting May 15, 2018 through July 2, 2018, you might be eligible for a one‐time $100 child tax rebate.

This is a rebate on sales and use tax paid on purchases for raising a qualified child in 2017.

A qualified child is considered:

  1. Under the age of 18 on December 31, 2017,
  2. The claimant’s dependent for tax year 2017,
  3. A United States Citizen, and
  4. A resident of Wisconsin on December 31, 2017.

Additional information regarding the child tax rebate:

  1. The claimant need not to file a 2017 income tax return to show a child was their dependent, but
    the Wisconsin Department of Revenue may request additional information to prove the child
    would have been claimed as their dependent.
  2. If the claimant is divorced, legally separated, or filed a federal income tax return separate from
    their spouse in 2017, then the person who claimed the child as a dependent on their 2017 federal
    income tax return may claim the rebate for the child.
  3. If the child was born in 2017, then they qualify as a qualifying child for 2017.
  4. If the child died in 2017 or 2018, the child still qualifies as a qualifying child for 2017.

You can claim your Child Sales Tax Rebate online at or call 608‐266‐5437.

To file the claim, you will need the following information:

Social security number
Wisconsin residency for calendar year 2017
If married, your spouse’s social security number

Qualified child’s
Legal name
Social security number
Date of birth
Wisconsin residency on 12/31/17
United States Citizenship

For more on the Child Sales Tax Rebate, please visit‐ChildTaxRebate.aspx or call your Johnson Block advisor at 608‐274‐2002.



Johnson Block and Company, Inc.

Start typing and press Enter to search